The feel of the sun's rays on your skin is like no other feeling, the only way to describe it is just ahhhhh. We all need a little sun in our lives. It gives us much needed vitamin D, helps those summer gardens flourish (yum, garden tomatoes) and who does not like a healthy tan. But too much sun can be down right bad for you. It can lead to sunburns, eye damage, skin damage and even serious medical conditions such as heat stroke and cancer. So you are going to have to hide inside all summer? Of course not! There are plenty of ways to enjoy the sun and mitigate any potential negative effects. We have 5 tips you can't afford to not to take.
1. Sunscreen, never leave home without it. Don't forget the tops of those ears, feet and other silly places it is easy to overlook.
2. Cover up, this means sunglasses, hats and swim shirts.
3. Shade is your friend. When possible hang out there rather than roasting in the sun.
4. Avoid the hottest parts of the day. If you have to be out in the sun try to do it in the mornings and evenings.
5. Hydrate, a LOT! The average person needs about half a gallon of water every day.
So, before you step out tomorrow make sure you follow these 5 steps to enjoy the sun all summer long!